!I love the Plymouth so much for its outlandish styling that I had to buy one.Copyright 2011 - 2020 Curbside Classics. Also questionable is the choice for convex curves that end with……Concave rear fenders. They aren’t so ugly they’re cute in a 1970s Japanese Car or AMC Gremlin/Pacer kind of way. At least the interior was brown so my technicolor yawn of M&M’s mixed with turbulence courtesy of TWA’s “Star Stream” Convair 880 didn’t stain the upholstery.I remember being cleaned up next to a pond off of (then) “U.S. I don’t think a 361 Wedge V8 slumbers behind that hood. It was a great car to drive and I still miss it and the memories that were associated with it.I hope you get that ’61 Fury.
It made my dad’s ’61 Chevrolet look like a 98 pound weakling. There was a wide variety of well regarded V8 engines, from the work-a-day 318 V8 all the way to the Like a true menace to polite society, the angry Plymouth could handle circles around any Impala or Galaxie and had a tighter structure less prone to squeaks and rattles as it aged, thanks to Uni-Body construction.

I remember thinking, even at 8 or 9 years old, “Damn that’s ugly”. Tastes, as expectations, change. The owner of the dealership who he didn’t know very well came up to him heart beoken about the look of the new Plymouth. 1961 Plymouth Fury (CC-366046) 1961 Plymouth Fury OUTKAST.

Not only are the head lights overdesigned, the turn signals are an afterthought completely. I’m an American car guy first and foremost, but I like some foreign cars like Porsches and air cooled rear engine Volkswagens. It had the square steering wheel with red and white interior. But that butter face. Ugly as sin, but dead reliable.I loved many of the futuristic, at times over the top styling of these Chryslers during the late 50’s and early 60’s and my parents had between 1961-1964, 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca that they bought gently used in ’61 to take with them to Europe as my Dad was being transferred there.They would begin their tour in Germany and would then move to Prestwick Scotland where they lived from 1962-1964 before moving back to the states.That summer while living with Mom’s mother before moving out to Washington St where Mom still lives to this day as my sisters and I too, they had to buy a new car and bought the 1964 Dodge 330 station wagon with the 225 slant six and torque flight auto.

Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this web-site in any form is prohibited and may not be recopied and shared with a third party.

I’ve always been convinced she was a Californai girl at heart, stuck in Kirkwood, Mo., for when I visited, we would go places and run errands and she would let her dog jump in and he would immediately lay on the huge rear shelf under all that glass! The tail lights are my favorite element. graft on the ’61 Dodge Polara front fenders, grille and add the ’62 “Fratzog” . The fact that I also had my 58 convertible at the time was probably the main reason for that.That ’61 convertible must have been one very low production car. Looking at your pictures, I just started laughing out loud at it. These were values we wouldn’t embrace in our mainstream family sedans until the 1980s. These cars were truly bizzare, with equally crazy interior. Even though midwest winters took their toll on everything, the cars mentioned seemed to fare worse. You do not acquire Weird lines and shape in the sheetmetal and a pinched grille.I never paid too much attention to the ’60-61 and its design, but now that this post described the “pinched waist” grille and the overall strangeness of the car, I immediately thought of contemporary Lexus.The ’65-68 C-body, the ’75-78 B-body and the ’80-81 R-body are my favorites of the Fury.When the steel ball fell on Sgt. It’s a half hearted driven restoration project. It’s evil looking and terrifying. . Looking at the ad in the post covering most of the ’61 Mopar line up, you can see a lot of good / interesting elements with some very unfortunate details.The ’61 Dodge front end has to be the ugliest schnoz ever put on a car.I’d love to find a clean ’62 Plymouth Fury with push button TorqueFlite and the “poly” 318.Good luck with that…the ’62 Fury was a bad seller, due its “downsized” envelope, although it was a cleaner looker than the ’61s. matters or any part of this site is strictly prohibited. What you got for dessert was the 1961 Face. When Chrysler switched everything but the Imperial to unit body construction in 1960, apparently it wanted to prove that what it showed customers in the fall of 1956 was really what 1960 would look like.

At the end he’s hallucinating that it’s happened, but it hasn’t. OK, almost your guy. yada yada..The current owner actually works in the same building as me (and we have the same BART commute, he lives 4 blocks north of me). It was for sale at the Chry-Ply dealer when I was in college. I love the way it looks.I LOVE the 1961 Plymouth. Like the 58-60 Lincolns I can’t decide if I’m for or against canted headlights.

By the ’62 model year (around 1960) it became pretty obvious to the Chrysler board that they had to reign in Virg Exner, and his alien spacecraft “Forward Look” was trashed by ’64.They have all been modded with Hemi engines and huge wheels.Not the hemi but the Max Wedge which was a 440 forruner I believeI’ve got a ’62 Fury push button 318 poly Just bought it last summer and replaced the floors and got new carpet and seats. Early memories of reduction-gear “Hammtramck Whiner” starters. When it came time to comparison shop, they would have judged it against the 1961 Ford, Chevrolet and Rambler. I’m guessing a 318 and pushbutton Torque-flite (I don’t know how he could have done it with a column shift manual). If some of the details were more crisp, as they would be for the downsized ’62, I think it would have been more tolerable. In the end, I realized they were both…highly questionable, and it’s possible the Plymouth helped me to see that. The ’61 came with the Ford-O-Matic which was a 2 speed transmission, and the Cruise-O-Matic which was a 3 speed unit. 40”. I still think it’s where Darth Vader’s helmet design came from.

Lego Police Car, Suresh Krishna Family, Nissan Sunny Automatic Petrol Mileage, Dodge Avenger 2008 Price, Wahl Clip And Trim Hair Clippers, Eredivisie Winners, Grab Sentence, Wahl Magic 5 Star Clipper, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 Online, What Did Henning Mankell Die Of, Playstation 3 500gb, River Levels Court Meadow, Kempsey, Nsw Grn Control Channels, Marayong Directions, Fighter's History Dynamite, Tasmanian Aboriginal Symbols, Court Code, Kiama Accommodation Luxury, Aiatsis Functions, Aboriginal Mission Life, Range Rover Evoque Paultan, Dreamcast Roms For Redream, 61 Dodge Lancer For Sale, Popular Vegetables In El Salvador, Natasha Caine Bio, Tiger Woods Pga Tour 10 Psp, Walgett Funeral Home Obituaries, Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment, Gaelic Terms Of Endearment, British Leyland Land Rover, Sharon Eastenders Age, Mr Holmes Streaming, Whataburger Menu With Pictures, Submerged Movie Plot, Used Nissan Murano, Intermezzo Drink, Hellcat Gladiator 0-60, 2007 Nissan Versa Problems, Eraserhead Bnha, Wahl Detailer Blade, Committed Or Commited, Limb Meaning In Tamil, Clippers Vs Nuggets Prediction, Uruguay Fifa World Cup Wins, Living In Canberra Reviews, Nissan Sunny 2020 Images, Stockholm Time, Broken Hill Jobs, 2016 Scion Tc Engine, Pelican Air Taree, 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2020 Jaguar Xf Release Date, Toyota Focus, Spain Vs Poland Basketball Prediction, Bendigo Crime, Svg Death Announcement 2019, Wilde Fortnite, Princeton Football 2019, Sri Lankan Ferret, Jeep Soft Top Installation, Beck Season 5, Mark Mcgowan Announcement Today, Marvelous Mrs Maisel Season 4 Filming, Dreamweb Scummvm, Bobcat Habitat Map, 1987 Jeep Cherokee For Sale, Never Rarely Sometimes Always Release Date, Damaged Opal Card, Nissan Ambulance, Emuparadise Tony Hawk Pro Skater, How Far Is Tamworth From Port Macquarie, 1985 Dodge Ramcharger Parts Catalog, Harga Range Rover Velar 2020 Indonesia, Best Used Off-road Vehicles Under $5,000, Hideaway Jacob Collier Chords, Camden Police Phone Number, Education Technology Companies, Garden Grove Crime Rate, Aboriginal Name For Melbourne Naarm, Dodge Dakota Shelby For Sale, Coping Saw Meaning, Cherry Street Beach, Willys Station Wagon Parts On Ebay, Wallander Girlfriend, A Short Walk In The Hindu Kush Pdf, Chevrolet Equinox Price, Clip Definition Film, Carl's Jr Specials, Casual Work Moree, Australian Aboriginal Wheel,