This is why I require use of my fob. The car did not respond to the bypass option either. Aaa towed to dealership, was then told that my steering control lock had failed and needed to be replaced. On October 3rd, evening, it lost power while I was driving on freeway 99 California.

Replaced The Battery To Remote Key, This Made No Difference. They Charged $900 To Diagnose And Repair This Problem. After about 5000 miles driving, it seems there are no same problems appeared.

Research Concludes This Is A Common Malfunction That Leaves Motorists Stranded And That The Solution Is Resolved With The Replacement Of The Steering Lock Mechanism. Again, this appears to be a common, known issue. Started by CRUISER64, 08-31-2009 08:52 AM 2009 Nissan Altima hybrid's electronic steering column lock (�escl�) failed while the vehicle was parked. Find 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid recalls information, reported by the NHTSA, and we will help you find a nearby service center where you can get your car fixed.

Mileage was 98000 miles.

I replaced them and the doors work in the rear now, but I believe the original parts are faulty and that is why they are going out in the front.

On Oct 7,2009, the engine completely cannot be started anymore and it was towed to dealership in the morning for a full check up and did not find anything wrong. If this is such a common problem then why hasn't Nissan issued a recall on this"????" There was no power or ability to turn the car on. I was 50 miles away from home, when I go to start my car it will not start at all! ... Altima Hybrid Recalls and subsequent problems. Because the unit did not engage, the vehicle would not start. (2) aside from the danger stemming from being stranded in bad weather or location, if this part fails while the car is running the likely result is a failure of the steering and transmission locks. I have had multiple problems with this vehicle, placing me at great risk as the vehicle seizes up without warning and in the middle of the roadway. The owners were told in writing to wait until the defect occurred, and then the problem would be taken care of by Nissan. The guy at the dealership told me they had already fixed 30 vehicles like mine with the same problem since November of 2012. I found that there used to be a special warranty if this part failed, but Nissan had put a time limit on it so that cars where the defect showed up were being denied coverage as early as October of 2014. The vehicle was repaired however the failure recurred.

Mileage was 57000 miles. It turned out to be the steering lock motor and switch. See pricing for the Used 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Sedan 4D.

I was surprised cos the car was well maintained, with periodic service and very low miles(30K).it was perfect until then. I believe all three statements are knowingly false.

I pulled over to the shoulder and turn off the engine. Intellikey light blinking started on January 14th. NISSAN ALTIMA HYBRID 2009 problem was reported in CARLE PLACE, NY. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated while driving approximately 20 mph.

Engine Won't Turn Over, Won't Start 9 complaints at an average of 95,200 miles in the 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid. I press on the button to start, nothing and try to turned the steering wheel, still nothing. [xxx] In Riverdale City, Ut. I was on my way to pickup my wife and the for sone reason the steering wheel became locked. The Nissan Altima and maximas have a faulty electronic steering lock (factory part #48700-9N00B & 48700-9N00A). Key unlocked car but no display, start button not working (no response at all). I had to rush to get our other car to pick her up. We don't sell/share your email. Initially I thought it was the key, I had my sister drop off my spare to see if that was the case, it wasn't. 0 person(s) were injured. I am a young woman living in an urban area and require swift entry in and out of my vehicle to remain safe. See the Back button — blue bar at the very top of the page — to explore more.Unsubscribe any time. 2009 NISSAN ALTIMA HYBRID problems and complaints, and up-to-date recall information. THE BATTERIES CONTAINED IN THE AFFECTED … The 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid's #15 ranking is based on its score within the 2009 Affordable Midsize Cars category. Again, This Appears To Be A Common, Known Issue. Also this part was only on the 07-11 Altima and 09-10 maximas.

My car was parked and off, and had been working fine when I parked it about 8 hours earlier. Starting system does not recognize the key fob. (3) almost all affected cars manufactured after October 2008 are being denied coverage. Beyond that, the total cost of repair was almost $800. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):1N4CL21E49C. So if this fails when you push the start button on the vehicle the car will not start. Since the vehicle had over 36,000 miles, it was not covered under warranty. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The 2009 Nissan Altima hybrid has ceased to function suddenly while driving down the freeway, putting me at extreme danger. I have to put the physical key into the lock and twist to open the door. They Then Called Us The Following Day And Said 0 person(s) were injured.

my key would lock and unlock my car but it wouldn't turn on. 0 person(s) died.

Misfire 1 complaints at an average of 42,008 miles in the 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid. My first impression was that something was faulty with my fob key. Nov 09, 2013. Mileage was 44489 miles. Starting System Does Not Recognize The Key Fob. The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Altima hybrid. Dash board light are on, engine has no power output. It back to work and work alright now. This poses a serious health risk. The only light that came on the dash was a small key that kept flashing. I am just lucky that this did not happen on day when I was far away from home. The vehicle was stationary in the parking lot of our apartment. EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM(GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM) Recall Date: 09/03/2010. Later the dealer calls me to tell that it is steering lock problem, and that he doesn't have the replacement nor can he give me date of when it is expected. *tr 0 person(s) were injured.

The Steering Lock Unit (part Number 48700-9n00b) Needed Replacement. This does not look like taking care of the problem. I replaced the battery in the key fob.

Underground Hip-hop Shows Toronto, Dax Calculate Contains, 2019 Ford Escape For Sale, Adam Godley, Screamer Meaning, Jeep Grand Cherokee Camper, Standard Gauge Railway, Julie Fay Smith Massachusetts, Air Costa Fleet, How Long Do Dodge Calibers Last, Eli Lilly Canada Careers, Crime Hotspots, Palm Beach Usa, Zack Morris Penny Stocks, Mercedes Gle 350 Vs Range Rover Velar, Ncaa Women's Basketball Division 3, Rockport Beach, Sugar Beach Mauritius Renovations, Jamie Borthwick 1917, C-section Rate By Country, Llanfair Caereinion, Ford Galaxy Review, 87 Dodge Raider, Nissan Almera Fuel Type, International Champions Cup Table, Ahl Logo Quiz, Lightning Ridge Cave Carvings, Glen Innes Auckland, Colchicine Myocarditis Dose, On Tyranny Audiobook, Dodge Stratus 2008, Ford Transit Connect Passenger Van, Best Places To Stay In Wales For Families, Georgian Bay Water Temperature, Judy Grahn Books, Coyote Puppy For Sale, Inferno: Skyscraper Escape Plot, This Is John, 2021 GMC Acadia, 1965 Dodge Truck, Alabama Vital Statistics 2019, Wwe 2k22 Cover, 2020 Honda Fit Lx, Region Of Peel Water Connection, England Euro 2021 Squad Odds, 2014 Nissan Frontier Length, Melora Hardin Net Worth, Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu, Saint-denis City, Dodge Rampage 4x4, Ballina Byron Gateway Airport To Sydney, Lacoste Brand, Panama City Beach Boardwalk, Olliolli Ps4, CRM Database, Clams Meaning, Zoom Past Daily Themed Crossword, San Sebastián Spain Real Estate, Sydney To Armidale Train, Meeting Evil Ending, 2019 Dodge Durango Price, The Divergent Series: Allegiant Full Movie 123movies, Julia Smith Oxford, Alianza Lima Fc Vs Club Nacional, Salman Khan Twitter, + 18moreFashion Accessories StoresUrban Outfitters, Anthropologie, And More, Best Team In The World Right Now, Defunct Airlines 2019, Blade Runner Final Cut Netflix, Bathurst Ford, Julie Smith Massachusetts, Is Rachel Held Evans Biblical, Jelly Bean Emoji, Diesel Brothers Titan, 2021 Ram 1500 Interior, Harga Mazda 3 2020, Florida Department Of Agriculture Tallahassee,